In Beehively, any user wishing to receive announcements, urgent alerts, homework notifications, etc. needs to have a valid email address. The system will validate any email before allowing it to be saved.
Below is a list of invalid email errors you may see. For your reference, a brief explanation for each of these validation messages are explained below
SMTP server(s) check failed (yourdomain.com) - timed out
- The email domain for the user is not currently responding. Please email our support line at email@example.com for additional help.
SMTP server(s) check failed (gmaill.com) - Name or service not known
- The email domain can not be validated. This often means that there is a type or misspelling in the email. In the above error message you can see that gmail.com was misspelled.
No MX record for domain
- This domain does not have email attached to it.
Failed custom grammar check for yahoo domain OR Failed custom grammar check for gmail domain
- The email is not typed correctly. This usually means there is a type or misspelling in the email.
Malformed address; failed parse checks OR Malformed address; missing @ sign
- Entered email format is not valid. This usually means the “@” or the “.” is missing.